- The library will provide access to a photocopy and fax services for library patrons.
- A notice will be posted informing the patron of copyright law and regulations in the United States. The library is not responsible for misuse.
- The charge for use of the photocopier shall be ($.20) twenty cents for black & white per copy page (two-sided copy is $.35) and ($.50) fifty cents for color per copy page (two-sided copy is $1.00) . Document size (Ledger (11×17) is ($.50) fifty cents per copy and transparencies are ($.50) fifty cents per copy. (Black & White Copies $.20 cents; Color Copies $.50 cents; Oversize Copies $.50)
- The charge for use of fax service is $1.00 per page. Patron must sign confirmation sheet upon completion. A copy of the confirmation sheet with patron signature and phone number is given to patron and a second copy is retained by library. A cover sheet may be provided by the library and the cost to transmit is an additional $1.00.
- Patrons are not allowed to bring their own paper or transparency film to use in the library photocopy machine.
Fines for Overdue Materials
The Library will charge for materials held past the date at which the material was due back to the Library. A patron may not check out additional material after five (5) books are overdue and/or there are $5.00 or more in fines. Patrons are told at desk of overdues and fines and overdue notices are mailed. Privileges may be denied. (Use Good Judgment)
The following fine rates shall apply:
- Books (Hardback and softcover [paperback], cataloged and uncataloged): $0.10 per day per item up to a maximum of $1.00 per item.
- Circulating Reference/Reference: $0.10 per day per item up to a maximum of $1.00 per item.
- Magazines: $0.10 per day per item up to a maximum of $1.00 per item.
- DVD/Videos: $0.50 per day per item up to a maximum of $5.00 per item.
- Study Guides: $1.00 per day per item up to a maximum of $5.00 per item.
- BCD/BOT: $0.50 per day per item up to a maximum of $5.00 per item.
- Music CDs: $0.50 per day per item up to a maximum of $5.00 per item.
- Laptops: $10.00 per day per item up to a maximum of $100.00 per item.
- Fines shall not be charged Saturdays and Sundays and for any holiday days when the library is not open for regular business.
Charges for Damaged Materials
Patrons will be charged for damage to a book or any other material checked out on their cards and returned damaged.
- The circulation desk assistant will be authorized to make initial determinations of the state of materials returned to the library for obvious damage. If there is some question about the extent of the damage, then the Administrative Librarian is consulted.
- Any material that has become wet, burned, or warped beyond use will be charged at the full price of the item plus $2.00 processing fee.
- Torn page . . . $1.00 per page.
- Cover damage (bent or torn but repairable). . . $1.00.
- Written in/Colored in (To the extent that it is unusable). . .Full price of the item plus $2.00 processing fee.
- Magazine returned with torn pages . . $1.00 per page.
- Magazine returned without cover . . . $1.00.
- Replacement cassettes for Books-On-Tape are $5.00 each.
- Audiovisual equipment . . . Patron will be assessed the price of the repair and will be charged the purchase price of the item if it is damaged beyond repair.
- There will be a fee of the full price of the item on all items returned in a malodorous state (having a pervasive, strong odor) plus $2.00 processing fee.
- Special note: If a patron suffers from an act of nature (house fire, tornado, flood, hurricane, etc. and through this event library materials are damaged or destroyed, then those materials will be fully forgiven and the patron will not be charged any fines or fees.
Lost Materials Charge
- A patron who has lost or destroyed an item belonging to the library or had it lost or destroyed while in his/her charge, whether inside or outside of the library will be required to pay the full price of the item plus $2.00 processing fee.
- If no price is shown on the computer, consult the Administrative Librarian. An average cost is as follows:
- $25.00 per book
- $30.00 per BCD/BOT
- $15.00 per DVD/Video
- $12.00 per Music CD
- If the item is returned within a six (6) month period from the date of payment for the lost item, then the patron will receive a refund of the funds and then will be charged the overdue fine. After six (6) months, there are no refunds.