iPad | KINDLE Fire | KINDLE Fire HDX
Any device connected to the Internet will allow you to check-out and/or return books, but to read books easily you will need to download the Overdrive App.
1. Ensure you are connected to the Internet. (You must be connected to the Internet to complete setup)
2. Choose the <<SAFARI>> app.
3. In the URL Block, type the following address: http://trailblazer.lib.overdrive.com
4. Choose the <<SIGN IN>> button located in the upper right hand corner of the screen.
5. Choose your local library by choosing the button labeled: <<SELECTED LIBRARY>> and choosing the Concordia Parish Library from the list of libraries.
6. Choose the <<GO>> button.
7. Type in your library card number then type in your pin (the last four (4) digits of your home phone). You will know that you are signed in because the <<SIGN IN>> label in the upper right hand corner will now say <<SIGN OUT>>.
8. To locate information about your account: choose the <<ACCOUNT>> button and you will see your library information. (i.e. # of Checkouts, # of books on Hold, and your check out limit).
9. To find a title: Either select from the categories in the section of the page or Search by title, subject, or author by typing in your request in the white box.
10.To Check Out Books:
a. Check the book’s status (in the upper right corner of the book).
b. A darkened book symbol means the book is available for check out. Move pointer to title and then click borrow. You can download to your device or you can read in your browser.
c. A grayed in book symbol means the book is not available for check out. If you choose this book, you will be given the option of placing a HOLD on the book. Once it becomes available you will receive an email that it is ready for you to check out.
d. a headphone symbol means the book is an audio book.
11. To Return books:
Titles you’ve borrowed from the library will automatically be returned at the end of their lending periods. However, if you finish eBooks, audiobooks, or streaming videos before then, you can return them using OverDrive for iOS.
a. If a book is checked out, go to your account, choose the <<BOOKSHELF>>, and select the <<RETURN TITLE>> button below the picture of the book.
b. If you downloaded the book to your device, you may have to let the book return automatically upon the date it was due.
c. If the book is not returned in the number of days shown in the <<SETTINGS>> section, it will automatically be checked back in to the library.
**IF THERE IS NO <<RETURN TITLE>> BUTTON, YOU CAN FIRMLY HOLD DOWN THE BOOK TITLE ON YOUR SCREEN IN THE APP BOOKSHELF SECTION. A NEW MENU WILL POP UP THAT SAYS <<RETURN TO LIBRARY>>.
Patrons can now call OVERDRIVE FRONT LINE SUPPORT – Phone Number: 216-573-6886.
Freegal: Instructions are the same for the Kindle FIRE
- Make sure device is connected to WiFi.
For easy downloading on your device, download the APP
- Go to the APP Store.
- Search for the Freegal APP (Freegal will be in blue on a grey background).
- Download the APP and enter your zip code.
- Choose <<Concordia Parish Library>>
- Type in your library card number.
- Click <<Login>>.
- Click <<Agree>>.
- Search for a song title you want to download by clicking the magnifying glass on the upper right hand corner and typing in the title.
- The Blue arrows to the left of the song will give a preview of the song.
- The Down arrow to the right will download the song to your device.
You are allowed 3 downloads per week.
iPad | KINDLE Fire HDX
- Ensure you are connected to the Internet. (You must be connected to the Internet to complete setup)
- Choose the <<Safari>> app.
- In the URL Block, type the following address: http://www.hoopladigital.com.
- Click on the Hoopla button on the right hand side of the screen. Install the app. Sign in using your Apple ID and password. Let the App be downloaded.
- Close out Safari.
- Click on the Hoopla App Icon that was created.
- Choose the <<Sign Up>> button. Then click <<Next>> in the upper right hand corner. (Notifications will need to be turned ON so that Concordia Parish Library will be listed)
- Type in your library card (no spaces). The PIN number is Optional.
- Type in your personal email address twice.
- Type in a password twice (make it something you will remember).
- Choose from Movies, Music, Audiobooks, and Television.
- Once you find a title that you wish to borrow, click on it.
- Click on the <<Borrow>> button.
- Click on <<Play>> if you want to watch it now or you can return later.
(Below the title in ORANGE it will say “returnes Month, Day, Year, or return now)
- After watching, you can return it then by clicking the <<Return now>> button.
After you are finished, LOG OUT of Hoopla. The next time you visit Hoopla, choose <<Log In>> and enter the email address and password. You will not need to re-enter your library card again.
1. First connect to the library’s Wi-Fi connection (Settings>Wi-Fi>) (When your device appears: Choose it and wait until you see a check mark appear to the left of the name. You have connected to the Wi-Fi. Tap on the Home button to return to the home screen.)
2. Go to the App store, search and download Flipster.
3. Tap the home button to go back to your home screen.
4. Select Safari and go to concordialibrary.org and scroll down till you see the think for Flipster, select the link.
5. Now that you are at Flipster you can search for magazines in the search bar towards the top of the page, search by category on the left, or scroll through ‘All Magazines’.
6. Once you have found a magazine you would like to read select it.
7. After selecting the magazine it will open a new tab taking you to the magazine.
8. Once it has done so select the tab and you will see the cover of the magazine. At the top left corner you will see a little black box with three lines in it. Select it and a menu will open. Towards the bottom of this menu you will see ‘Open in App’, select this. After doing so it a pop up will open asking you if you want to ‘Open in “Flipster”?’ select Open.
9. After selecting Open it will take you to the app showing you that the magazine is downloading. Once it is finished downloading you can read the magazine on your app whether you are online or offline.
KINDLE FIRE HD
1. First connect to the library’s Wi-Fi connection (Settings>Wi-Fi>) (When your device appears: Choose it and wait until you see a check mark appear to the left of the name. You have connected to the Wi-Fi Tap on the Home button to return to the home screen.)
2. Choose the WEB button.
3. In the URL block type the address: www.concordialibrary.org
4. Scroll down until you see the link for ‘Flipster’. Select this link which will take you to Flipster.
5. Once on Flipster scroll to the right till in the top right hand corner you see ‘Help’. Select it.
6. After selecting ‘Help’ you will see on the right side of the screen, ‘Mobile Apps,’ underneath it you will also see, ‘Flipster App for Kindle Fire Tablets.’ Select this.
7. Follow the instructions listed to download the app.