CONCORDIA PARISH LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL
WEDNESDAY, November 15, 2017
1. CALL TO ORDER
Kathleen Stevens called the meeting to order at 2:12 PM at the Ferriday Library. Members present were Kathleen Stevens, Renard Chatman, Marjorie Vogt, Bobbie Calhoun, Betty Jo Bragg and guest James Lee. Members absent were Bobby Sheppard and Jimmy Wilkinson, ex-officio. A quorum was present.
Mr. Renard Chatman moved to accept the minutes of September 20th Meeting and October 18th Meeting minutes as mailed. Mrs. Bobbie Calhoun seconded the motion. Motion carried.
A. The Library Director reviewed the financial reports for two months.
1. September – (See Attachments)
2. October – (See Attachments)
3. Revised Budget – The 2017 budget was presented with revisions. Mrs. Marjorie Vogt moved to accept the revision as presented. Mr. Renard Chatman seconded the motion. Motion carried.
B. Circulation: Circulation was examined for September and October.
1. September (See Attachment)
2. October (See Attachment)
4. OLD BUSINESS
A. Clayton Library – The library director reported on the status of the Clayton Library Roof – still 6 weeks before finished. The furniture delivery has been pushed back to late January.
1. Basic Computers – November 11th – Ferriday Library 9:30 – 11 – the library director reported that Saturday’s class was to help Brakenridge employees with a new software and the follow up class is the following Saturday, November 18th.
C. Retention Policy – waiting to hear from the Secretary of State’s office to approve the Board’s plan and to discard.
D. Vidalia Library – the library director reported the need to make the repairs to the Vidalia Library but was wanting to hear status of boiler system. Mr. Renard Chatman made motion to repair the water damage from the boiler system with new sheetrock, carpet tiles, floor tiles, ceiling tiles and painting. Mrs. Bobbie Calhoun seconded the motion. Motion carried.
E. Trustee Event: TBS-Monroe – the library director reported that Mr. Lee gave an excellent presentation.
F. Fiber Optic – the library director reported that Nexus/Hunt/Uniti should run the line to the new Clayton Library in December.
G. Ferriday Cameras – the library director reported that new outside cameras have been installed at a cost of about $4,000.00
5. NEW BUSINESS
A. Policies – the library director presented several policies for approval. Mrs. Marjorie Vogt made the motion to accept policy changes as presented. Mrs. Betty Jo Bragg seconded the motion. Motion carried. (See Attachments).
B. Future Construction – architects will be sending suggestions for the Ferriday Library.
C. Moving Clayton – the library director reported that an approximate moving date would be in February.
D. Uniform Shirts – the library director reported that new uniform shirts have been purchased and waiting the review of the monogram designs.
E. Ethics – the library director reported that all board members and staff have taken the Ethics test and certificates have been printed and on file.
F. Board Meeting Dates – a list of board meetings for 2018 was presented. (See Attachment)
G. Board Member – The board accepted the retirement of Betty Jo Bragg. The director is to send a letter of recommendation to the jury for a new member.
• The library director reported that the Trail Blazer Library System has chosen to move from Overdrive to a new app for downloading ematerial.
• A list of events with attendance was presented. (See Attachments).
• New eLibrary cards are being developed.
6. PUBLIC COMMENT
No public comments.
7. NEXT BOARD MEETINGS
Regular Meeting – Wednesday – January 17, 2018 at 2 PM at the Ferriday Library.