CONCORDIA PARISH LIBRARY BOARD OF CONTROL
MINUTES APPROVED MARCH 15, 2017
WEDNESDAY, JANUARY 18, 2017
1. CALL TO ORDER
President Sheppard called the minutes to order at 2 PM. Members present were Marjorie Vogt, Renard Chatman, Jackie Young, Betty Jo Bragg, Kathleen Stevens, and Bobby Sheppard. Members absent were Bobbie Calhoun due to medical tests and ex-officio Jimmie Wilkinson.
2. MINUTES- Ms. Vogt moved to accept the minutes as mailed. Ms. Stevens seconded the motion. Motion carried.
A. Financial Reports
1. Monthly 2016 Budget- Librarian presented the November and December monthly reports. (See Attachments)
2. 2017 Budget- Another copy of the new budget was issued. (See Attachments)
1. November/December – The Librarian discussed the circulation figures for November as well as December. (See Attachments)
2. Yearly The yearly compilation was reviewed by each service. (See Attachments)
4. OLD BUSINESS
A. Ethics – The Jury sent a letter reminding everyone the test must be taken each year. (See Attachments)
B. Calhoun’s Renewal- Mrs. Calhoun’s renewal was approved for another 5 years. (See Attachments)
C. Board Attendance- The Board attendance sheet was presented. (See Attachment)
D. Clayton Library- Dirt has been brought in but it has been too wet to begin construction. There will be no payment to Womack for January. (See Attachments)
1. Press- Ms. Stevens moved to accept the policy as presented and Mr. Chatman seconded. Motion carried. (See Attachments)
2. Uniform/Wearing Apparel- For Staff: Ms. Young moved to accept additions and changes to the dress code for staff and Mr. Chatman seconded the motion. Motion carried. (See Attachments) For Public: Ms. Stevens moved to accept the addition to the public dress code and Ms. Bragg seconded the motion. Motion carried. (See Attachments)
F. Art Grant Concerts: The wish list for the 2017-2018 concert series was presented. (See Attachments)
5. NEW BUSINESS
A. Agreement with CPA: The Librarian stated that the audit procedures are in place. (See Attachments)
B. Jury’s approval for Millage: The Jury approved calling the Ad Valorem renewal. (See Attachments)
C. Programs: (See Attachments)
1. iPhone Class – Jan. 28th – Ferriday Library @ 9:00 AM
2. Rondi Charleston – Jan. 26th – VCCC @ 7:00 PM
3. Beatles Lecture – Feb. 2nd – Vidalia Library @ 6:00 PM
4. Elderly Advocacy – Feb. 16th – Vidalia Library @ 6:00 PM
5. Free Tax Services – Feb. 14th – Vidalia/Feb. 15th – Ferriday – 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
6. Free Tax Services – Mar. 14th – Vidalia/Mar. 16th –Ferriday – 9:00 AM – 2:00 PM
7. eServices – Feb. 18th – Ferriday Library @ 9:00 AM
8. Act Prep – Mar. 11th & 18th–Ferriday Library @ 9:00 AM
9. Tribute to Stevie Wonder/Ray Charles – Mar. 16th – Ferriday Arcade Theater – 7:00 PM
D. Vidalia’s Ceiling – Vidalia’s ceiling in the computer closet has been stained from condensation according to the prisoner working with the Jury. The problem remains unsolved.
E. Trustee Material- La. Law books, Standards for Public Libraries, and Trustee Handbooks were issued.
F. Thank you Letter- Jury- A copy of the thank you letter to the Jury was recorded. (See Attachments)
6. PUBLIC COMMENT- No public comments
7. NEXT BOARD MEETINGS
Wednesday, MARCH 15, 2017; 2:00 PM
8. ADJOURN- Mr. Chatman adjourned the meeting. Everyone welcomed Ms. Vogt back from her long illness!